If there is one single object I can’t stand, it is those fancy mirrors that magnify your face to what seems like one hundred times its normal size and exaggerates every tiny blemish and unwanted single hair to an unimaginable degree. One look at that thing and three hours later, I have swollen red mounds all over my face, pencil thin eyebrows, an even larger nose than I had to begin with, and ice packs piled on top to alleviate the inflammation I’ve caused my delicate face!
In a way, I think that mirror is much like a tool the enemy uses to shatter any good thing we see in ourselves when we look at our reflection in the mirror. He quickly zooms in on our imperfections and weaknesses to distract us from our overall persona, the one God created in His own image. That is the enemy’s plan: to cause us to lose sight of our destiny and focus on our shortcomings. The devastating result is retreating from our God-given calling and withering in our self-pity and shame.
When you find you are beginning to soak in fear and despair, search your Bible. It is packed full of God’s promises to remind you that you are worthy. In fact, SO worthy, that the Son of God gave His life for you (John 3:16).
Listed below are just a few verses to jumpstart your search:
- Isaiah 40:29 – “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.”
- Isaiah 43:1 – “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are Mine.”
- Jeremiah 31:3 – “I have loved you, My people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself.”
- John 1:12 – “But to all who believed Him and accepted Him, He gave the right to become children of God.”
- Ephesians 3:12 – “Because of Christ and our faith in Him,we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.”
Throw that deceitful mirror to the ground and start with a new and fresh personal outlook today!
God bless you, friends!